Please be advised the following nomination has been put forward for the vacant Director position on the Netball ACT Board for a term of 3 years.
- Louise Bilston
Polling will take place from 4.00pm-8.15pm on the 31st May, 2019 at the Solarhub Netball Centre. To view the voting procedure, click here.
For any questions or to request information relating to the nominee please email General.Manager@netballact.com.au or phone 6241-4088.
In accordance with the Netball ACT Constitution and Election By Laws, to be eligible to vote in the 2019 Board elections a member must be 18 years or older and a registered financial member of the Association as at 7 May 2019. Netball ACT has compiled a Roll of Voters in accordance with the by law based on the Districts input into MyNetball.
Board Nominee Information
Louise Bilston has served three years as a Netball ACT Board Directors. She has held the position of President since May 2017. During her role as President, Louise has been instrumental in forming three new working groups to advise the NACT Board:
- Presidents Advisory Group (Presidents of Member Organisations) 2017
- Finance Audit and Risk Management Committee 2018
- Facilities Review and Masterplan Working Group 2018
With the Board, Louise oversaw the restructure of NACT Finance and Reporting systems. With the FARM, did a full the risk management assessment and gap analysis, set up Risk Policy and Risk Register. Introduced new NACT community inaugural events ‘Give for a Goal Day’, ‘Harmony Day’, ‘Steptember Challenge’
Louise currently holds several Community Leadership Commitments including:
- NETBALL ACT Board of Directors, President
- CANBERRA RAIDERS Women in Sport Advisory Board
- MOTHERS DAY CLASSIC Committee (Canberra)
- CANBERRA SPORTS GRANTS Committee Member, Assessing Grants
In addition, Louise has previous Community Leadership, Strategy, Fundraising Work with Community and not-For-Profit Organisations with the following organisations:
- Menslink, Cerebral Palsey Alliance, Heart Foundation, Tuggeranong Netball Association, Maddies Netball Club, Cancer Council, Relay for Life, Vinnies, Karinya House, ACT Carers, Ozharvest, OxHelp, Bosom Buddies, Calwell Little Athletics, St Francis of Assisi School and Parish, Marist College Cricket Club
Professionally, Louise is currently the National Business Manager for the Australian Mathematics Trust. She has held several Business Management and Project Management Roles throughout her career.