Netball ACT is seeking suitable qualified individual to apply for the position of Develop a Diamond Academy Coach.
The Develop a Diamond Academy program is a Netball Australia developed program and forms part of the Netball ACT pathway. The program is specifically aimed at players ranging between 14 and 16 years old. The program is designed to provide the highest quality experience and is appropriate to the athlete’s physical, cognitive and social development levels. The program aligns with the District Representative Programs and Netball Australia Underage National Championships.
Coaching appointments for the Develop a Diamond Academy will be made on a voluntary basis with the appointee receiving an honorarium as specified in the position description. The appointment will be made prior to the selection of the squad and cease at the conclusion of the program. The key dates are as follows:
- Athlete observations – ACT Junior Championships – Saturday 9th – Sunday 10th August, 2014
- Develop a Diamond Selection Trials – Wednesday 13th August
- Program Induction Evening – Wednesday 27th August, 6:00 – 6:30pm
- Program commences – Monday 1st September 2014
- Program concludes – Friday 28th November
Upon appointment, the coaches, in conjunction with the Program Manager, will be required to submit:
- A Performance Program Plan
- A Detailed Session Training Plan
The program is to be delivered in line with Netball Australia’s Develop a Diamond Academy syllabus, a full copy will be provided to the coaches upon appointment.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 1st August 2014 and are to be returned by post, email or fax to:
Adam Horner, General Manager
PO Box 423
Dickson ACT 2602
Fax: 02 6241 2434