Netball ACT is seeking suitable qualified individuals to apply for the position of Develop a Diamond Academy Coach.
The Develop a Diamond Academy program is a Netball Australia developed program and forms part of the Netball ACT pathway. The program is specifically aimed at players ranging between 14 and 16 years old. The program is designed to provide the highest quality experience and is appropriate to the athlete’s physical, cognitive and social development levels. The program aligns with the District Representative Programs and Netball Australia Underage National Championships.
Coaching appointments for the Develop a Diamond Academy will be made on a voluntary basis with the appointees receiving an honorarium as specified in the position description. The appointment will be made prior to the selection of the squad and cease at the conclusion of the program. The key dates are as follows:
- Athlete observations – ACT Junior Championships – Saturday 1 – Sunday 2 August, 2014
- Develop a Diamond Selection Trials – 6:30 – 8:00pm Tuesday 18 and Thursday 20 August, 2015
- Program Induction Evening – 6:00 – 7:00pm Monday 31 August 2015
- Program commences – Monday 7 September 2015
- Program concludes – Friday 11 December 2015
Upon appointment, the coaches, in conjunction with the Head Coach and Talent and Performance Manager, will be required to submit:
- A Performance Program Plan
- Detailed Session Training Plans
The program is to be delivered in line with Netball Australia’s Develop a Diamond Academy curriculum, a full copy will be provided to the coaches upon appointment.
Additional position requirements are outlined in the position description.
Applications close at 5:00pm on Friday 10 July, 2015 and are to be returned by post, email or fax to:
Sarah Taylor, Talent and Performance Manager
PO Box 423
Dickson ACT 2602
Fax: 02 6241 4088