Netball ACT have partnered with Sporting Schools, to help deliver an exciting sporting experience for all students and teachers.
Sporting Schools was launched by the Australian Sports Commission to provide financial funding to schools to secure tailored programs from selected National sporting organisations.
The aim for the National program is to help children foster a lifelong interest in sport, all the while gaining a healthier mind and body, having fun in a safe and inclusive environment.
Netball ACT will be facilitating the implementation of the NetSetGO program based on the tiered developmental approach to fundamental netball skills for children from Kindergarten to Grade 6.
What are the NetSetGO programs?
‘Net’ Tier (Kindergarten – Grade 2) students will learn netball related fundamental motor skills with fun games, music and activities
‘Set’ Tier (Grades 3 – 4) students will take part in modified games and activities with a focus on fun and teamwork
‘GO’ Tier (Grades 5 – 6) is ideal for teachers that have inter-school teams that need assistance in coaching skills, teamwork and game tactics
Why schools should get involved?
- A free gift for each student to keep
- Fun for all participants, regardless of ability, and suitable for both girls and boys
- A fun, structured and professional program delivered over four, one hour sessions
- A qualified and passionate coach to deliver the NetSetGO program
- Administrative support
- Flexible session time options
- Connectivity into the broader Netball ACT community including District Associations, gala days and school holiday clinics
|Sporting Schools NetSetGO pricing|
|classes / sessions per day||funding cost|
|1 (up to 30 participants)||$760|
|2 (up to 60 participants)||$970|
|3 (up to 90 participants)||$1180|
|4 (up to 120 participants)||$1390|
|5 (up to 150 participants)||$1600|
|6 (up to 180 participants)||$1810|
|7 (up to 210 participants)||$2020|
|8 (up to 240 participants)||$2230|
NetSetGO Teacher delivered models (unlimited sessions) $350
NetSetGO Sporting Schools Equipment Cost $275 (additional to participant fees).
* All program costs fully covered by a Sporting Schools Grant. Based on 30 participants per session for a 4 week program (1 hour per week)
To book a NetSetGO Program head the Sporting Schools website (https://sportingschools.gov.au/).
For more information, please call Lachie O’Sullivan at Netball ACT on (02) 6241 4088 or email email@example.com