Have you ever considered the benefits of becoming an umpire? We have!
Umpiring provides you so much more than just the ability to officiate the rules of the game. It can make you feel:
- Connected - Umpiring is a great way to make friends for life and be an integral part of the vibrant netball community
- Respected – Umpires provide the opportunity for everyone to play the game in a safe, fair and enjoyable environment. Umpiring also develops skills that can be used for life: communication, resilience and leadership are just a few!
- Energised - Umpiring lets you experience the thrill of the game, contributes towards maintaining a healthy lifestyle and offers a pathway to participate in the sport at the highest level.
There are many opportunities to become involved as an umpire in Netball, with clear pathways and support structures available for those aspiring to officiate at the highest level.
Start you umpiring journey today, contact your local Netball ACT affiliated association:
- Arawang Netball Association, Stirling
- Belconnen Netball Association, Charnwood
- Canberra Netball Association, Lyneham
- South Canberra Netball Association, Deakin
- Tuggeranong Netball Association, Calwel
Netball ACT provides a range of services and development programs for umpires of all standards. We are committed to increasing the number and standard of umpires, umpire presenters and umpire testers across the ACT.
Opportunities exist for umpires at district, state, national and international levels – whichever you choose, you are a valued member of the team. Setting goals and committing yourself to achieving them is essential no matter what your endeavour.
Within Netball ACT exists a great support network ready to assist you in realising your goals.
Several courses have been established providing a pathway for you to develop from beginner through to an A umpire into Netball Australia high performance programs.
The Netball Australia Umpire Accreditation system is an education pathway based on Netball Australia Umpiring Courses, NOAS General Principles and practical umpiring instruction through an experience mentor system.
Assessment is based on Theory Examinations, practical evaluation through established KPI’s, self-reflection and where possible video analysis. The culmination of this accreditation system, for those who choose, leads to practical assessment in a 4-tiered system of badges, C, B, A and the highest national award the AA (All Australian).
Netball ACT Developing Umpire Program
Umpires who are selected into the Netball ACT Developing Umpire Program will have access to high performance coaching at training sessions as well as Netball ACT events, conditioning sessions along with targeted workshops and education sessions throughout the duration of the program.
This program is also the pathway for identification into umpiring the HCF State League Competition.
For all umpiring program queries please contact email@example.com